Video search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of getting your video higher in the search results that are displayed when anyone search for content.
It involves getting search engines to find your video, effectively indexing it, and displaying it in search results. Although video marketing isn’t something new using videos to drive traffic to your web site, whereas YouTube is the one place where your videos should be found as it’s massively used as a video search engine.
- YouTube Videos: More than 1 billion monthly unique visitors
- YouTube: 4 billion hours of video consumption per month
- Twitter: Over 700 videos shared on each minute
- Facebook: 500 years of video watched daily
Video search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of getting your video higher in the search results that are displayed when web viewers search for content. It entails getting search engines to find your video, successfully indexing it, and displaying it in search results. How video gets indexed and found.
The newest way to get your video content found is to submit a site map referencing your content feed to a search engine. This helps the search engine understand how your metadata links to particular multimedia pages on your web site. You can get details on how the site map submission works in the Google site maps section of this paper. Regarding MRSS feed links and good textual content, both of these will increase your video traffic. Just how much depends on the quality of the data in the feed, or on the web page. That’s where the “optimization” part comes in.
- Title: In the Title section
- Description: Make sure that what appears first is the full URL of your web site.
- Tags: In the tags section, enter keywords here but each keyword will need to be enclosed in quotation marks.
- Category: Choose the best category for your video and make your video public.
- Maps: If you’re a local business, you’ll then click on Maps and select a location for your video.
- Sharing: Bookmark, Like, Favorite and Share Your Videos from your channel page.
- Captions and Subtitles: For extra indexing opportunities, submit transcriptions or closed-caption tracks for each video.
It’s important to remember that video seo optimization is just like text content seo, which is not a one time job. Your content changes, technologies change, and user behavior changes. While natural searches where the user makes all choices regarding their search terms- new web 2.0 and converged media have changed the face of looking for content on the web.