SEO E-commerce A Cost Effective Way to Get New Customers! But What to Do
It could be many reasons that e-commerce sites have an SEO edge on plain websites due to its tremendous amount of opportunities to increase the optimization quality of an online entity.
There are also plenty of resources for learning SEO online, but not a lot specific to ecommerce. So how to multiply the sales potential with search engines & push e-commerce sites thrive on organic traffic then here are a few basics move forward actions to polish your e-commerce SEO!
BEGIN your exercise with a help of web analytics exploring whole lot of keywords generating sales and traffic. Secondly find out which product pages or pages have top ranking and visitors respond on it (bounce rate %) is one way to see ecommerce strength for pages. Other things to test & fix are;
1) Use site internal search. This tells you what people are searching for on a website. Great
way to find out valuable key terms
2) Improve site structure since search engine give a lot of weightage to it and helps in getting higher organic rankings. It’s also provides an easy & joy able experience to visitors which usually ends up in a sales or enquiry.
3) Don’t use standard product descriptions but write unique descriptions as good as you can.
4) Encourage conversions by using the captions like Free Shipping, Deals, and Discounts/Offers
5) Track your traffic in google analytics. Create funnels, goals & e-commerce revenue strings.
6) Product reviews are like a game changer for any ecommerce site. Try to get positive reviews from customers and will be a last nail in goggle’s coffin to give your site higher organic ranking
7) Product micro data is primarily useful for rich snippet review stars. Use Shema.org coding to get it place on the product review pages.
Focus on Improving Link & Page Authority Via Incoming Links
Of course the above can also apply on non-ecommerce sites as well, but ecommerce SEO does deserve its own list. The list is in no particular order. There is a lot to digest here. Implement above tips and you’ll be on your way to dominating over your competition. If you have tips to add or questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com
Latest posts by Nawaz Shahzad (see all)
- Content Optimization – What To Focus - November 5, 2013
- SEO Ranking In Coming Years = Search Experience Optimization - October 16, 2013
- B2B Digital Marketing Strategy In Coming Years - October 10, 2013