Converged Media is a blend of your paid, owned & earned media.
Media convergence have become a vital element of life for many people. With the development of technology in different platforms and operations such as television, Internet and mobile communication-audiences have had both a bigger choice of media and a life which media technologies has made easier. However, one question needed to be asked whether or not media convergence bring opportunities and challenges to the industry and society itself.
In order for the media to converge, two main things need to occur. Firstly computers and televisions must be able to be content exchangeable. Whereas computers must be able to view and use television content and televisions must be able to view and receive Internet content. Secondly, people must be adequately interested in being able to view the same content on both devices to make implementation comfortable and can exchange information which is commercially workable.
Convergence lead the media is more interactive and audience participation is encouraged. In addition, greater audience engagement can help to enhance the way people experience the media. Moreover with the digital, people are able to download and share more or less everything through social networking.
Like as we all know that wherever there is a prospect there are challenges
Some of the key elements identified-
- People complain about information overload and they can be overwhelmed and find it difficult.
- Moving on, the rapidly changing of technology has obstructed audience’s activities.
- And also people lack of skill to take full advantage of new media.
In the last 4 to 5 years, media companies have been fine-tuning the concept of convergence. Local newspapers, radio stations, television broadcasters and websites have combined to form fully converged websites. While these local and national efforts have brought convergence to a new level, many major and local news organizations have yet to incorporate all the elements of media.
The internet has been one of the biggest contributors to the media convergence phenomenon. It has allowed a vast range of media platforms such as print, video and audio to become almost instantly accessible from nearly anywhere and has completely changed the way in which we as an audience absorb information. And with a blast of mobile internet is becoming increasingly popular, it has allowed the convergence of anything at all to one handheld device.
Looking at the converged media evolution in coming years seems very bright-we leave few thought provoking questions to its inventors;
- Will the new technology that is anticipated be as revolutionary as people expect?
- Will the investment in convergence be profitable enough in the short term, or in the long term?
- What competing technologies should be utilized in order to produce the best media?
- Will converged media be a true success story in a constantly upgrading technology environment?
Latest posts by Rehan Khan (see all)
- Social News Feed Video Strategy - February 5, 2014
- Converting Visitors in to Buyers - January 28, 2014
- Facebook vs. Google Advertising – When to use what? - December 2, 2013