60% of digital marketers forecast an average increase of 40% in social spend for 2013. At the moment a big chunk of digital spend goes to display advertising, search & video, with spending on social. There are strong signals from brand manager’s that an expected increases in budgets for digital marketing in the upcoming year.
Mobile spend is expected to increase for 79% of brands surveyed, while social & video tie at 59% of brands expected to spend in those two segments. Most of the increases are going to display advertising 73% and Search 52%Social & mobile expected of getting 37% of budget increases.
Digital Advertising Fact & Figures from 2012 – Helpful in Comparison
- Google paid search spending rose 19% Y/Y in Q4. Ad clicks rose 14%, CPCs rose 3%.
- Bing search spending rose 54% on 39% higher clicks and 11% higher CPCs.
- Mobile drove 20% of paid clicks and 15% of paid search spend in Q4. Tablet clicks outpaced
smartphone clicks for the fourth quarter in a row.
- Nearly 20% of organic search and direct visits were mobile in Q4. iPad delivered 7.3% of visits, followed by the iPhone at 6.7% and Android devices at 5.2%.
- CPMs for the Facebook Exchange were less than half those of the average display ad. Revenue Per Click was 25% higher.